Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Just spent an hour

trying to download a library audiobook via OneClickDigital, Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Terror, only to find that neither the manager for the computer nor the Android application could transfer or otherwise download the files necessary, and in the end I had to do it manually, unzipping .mp3 files and transferring them to the root area of the phone's system and then playing through the normal Music application that comes with Android rather than the OneClickDigital one. Not sure what the problem was, or whether this, being an out-of-copyright book (although perhaps the recording is not), it worked rather than a more recent book which is sure to have Digital Rights Management. At least I finally got it onto the device and where I could listen to it; it'll be nice to have at work or tomorrow when I'm doing some housework. Of course, I was doing this instead of doing the game notes, and although we are not playing I should really do them. I think I'll get up early tomorrow and do them, or at least get a substantial start on them. In the meantime I have requested a book for a friend from the Interlibrary Loan Department of the public library (that's two under my name now that I have pending, one for me, one for him), caught up with the news, listened to some music, and generally had a quiet evening. Tomorrow is cleaning the guys' house, watching Suddenly, Last Summer with them (based on the Tennessee Williams' play), and hopefully working on my house a bit, as well, because I'm afraid it really needs a good straightening up. I have stuff everywhere, from laundry, to recyclables, to stuff that needs to be just thrown away. It's not conducive to doing anything productive, and I have game notes and two book reviews still waiting to be done. Anyway, have a good night. I'm going to turn in for the night. Hope your weekend is going well.

No comments: