Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Getting ready for the game

and by that I mean the Call of Cthulhu game, not the Superbowl. The house in clean, the snacks have been bought (what a lot of people at Kroger, between the football bowl and the fact that we have a significant snowfall in the forecast tonight!) We are expecting about 3-6" in our area. I'm a little nervous about it, as I'm over at my friends' house for my game and it's supposed to start snowing in about two hours or so, a little after Brenda gets here and we start. Yes, I'm a little bit of a weenie when it comes to driving in snow, but then I'm out of practice. But we'll keep an eye on things, and if it does get bad, I have an air mattress, pump, and backup CPAP in the trunk of the car and could spend the night. The snow is supposed to last till about the morning commute, so it should be interesting. All this one day after 68 degree temperatures and sun. Of course, the good news is the ground is warmer, so even if we get some freezing rain, it shouldn't be too bad.

My hand still hurts a bit. I think I sprained it. That, along with my arm, is putting a damper on my day. I'll have physical therapy again on Tuesday. It is helping overall, I think, but there are some days that I still have issues. I hope this resolves soon.

Okay, I'm typing this on my laptop using my phone as a hotspot, since my friend doesn't have wi-fi. I've got a 2.5 GB limit per month on the hotspot as part of an otherwise unlimited phone data plan. I'm going to check on the news and weather and then sign off. Hope your day is going well.

No comments: