Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Just in case your Galaxy S3 starts talking to you randomly...

No, you're not hallucinating. Apparently the S3 (and I'm presuming the S4) has a driving mode that if you accidentally hit on the pull-down screen, the phone will suddenly start telling you, 'message from...' 'call from...' and give you the name. Which is actually quite helpful, but freaked me out a bit when it happened, since I didn't know about that feature. I was trying to use the phone earlier in bright sunlight, which usually is okay with this phone, but I was having some trouble, and I must have accidentally toggled it. Fortunately I Googled the problem and found the answer immediately. [I find it funny that it could manage one friend's 'normal' name, but not another's which is a little unusual. So it just spelled that one. :)] Also, the voice was female, so I guess if I ever decide to 'name' my phone (does anyone do that, like they do cars?), it'll have to be a female name, although I suppose there may be a way to change the setting to male.

I think my list was a bit ambitious. I did get a lot done, but not as much as I'd have liked to. I have moved the literary books out to the living area. Now I'm sitting at the computer in my underwear and a camisole extremely hot and sweaty, and I'm thinking of just going ahead and taking a shower and resting a bit before going on to the next phase of things. And the switch out of shelves for the fantasy and mystery books may have to wait till tomorrow. I don't think I can lift any more books. I will try to get the clothes into bags to take to Goodwill, though. I can drop them by tomorrow. And if I can get the bedding put away, then most of the bedroom floor will be clear. That leaves Wednesday and Thursday evening, and then Friday and Saturday to get the closets all taken care. I think I can do it. On Friday I'm off as well, and I'm taking a friend to Nicholasville on a hunt for coffee mugs, since apparently you can't just go into a regular store and find them any more. There's Carpenter's Dish Barn in Nicholasville, but they close at 6 pm. Who knew it would be this difficult to find just plain coffee mugs, not part of some sort of set or strange shapes? Okay, time for that break.

No comments: