Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Well, I never took a nap

but 'Doctor Who' was quite fun, especially tonight's episode, 'Cold War', which is set in a sunken Soviet submarine in 1983. I could never make it in a submarine. That much crushing depth of water above, plus small spaces, makes me a tad nervous (I have a similar problem in aeroplanes if I think about it too much, only of course it's so far down to the surface, and flying over water especially makes me nervous). Add in leaking water, running out of air, and ice warriors from Mars, and it gets to be downright heart-pounding. Anyway, I enjoyed it. I am terribly embarrassed that while the professor who loved Ultravox seemed certainly very familiar, I did not recognise him as David Warner until I looked it up. The earlier programme, 'The Rings of Akhaten' was very visually stunning, and well done, too. Jenna-Louise Coleman is growing on me as Clara/Oswin. There are times I think Matt Smith is acting well, a bit over the top, but the thing is, the Doctor and his companions are always on a rather wild run, so yes, it is appropriate. I do rather like Smith as the Doctor. I do hope rumours that he may be leaving after the Christmas special this year are just that.

So I'm home now, and the notes are finished, so I may actually go read and do something enjoyable for the rest of the evening. I'm tempted to go skywatching, as the moon is a sliver and there are several planets and bright stars visible despite the city lights, but my back is still an issue so I think I'm just going to get into something comfy and put some music on instead. I hope you have a good night.

No comments: