Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I pretty much crashed last night

But I got up at 4 am and I've been steadily working on the house (or at least doing what I can without too much bending or anything that would hurt my back), the thing I never got to on Saturday. Now it's nearly 5:30 and the birds are singing outside. I start back at physical therapy at 7:30 this morning. I have to drop a library book by the library as I go, and then after PT there's work and an appointment this afternoon.

My back is to the point where I'm out of bed and off the cane, but some days are better and some days worse. Yesterday my stomach was really upset despite the Pepcid they gave me with the naproxen. Also, I'd eaten a lot of raw veggies at the game on Sunday. So the combination of factors plus back pain made me extremely uncomfortable most of the day. The naproxen, of course, is meant to bring down the inflammation, although it is also a pain reliever. I'm also taking a half a tablet of pain medicine and a muscle relaxer--but only at night. I didn't want to drive with the pain medicine in my system. So much of the day I'm still experiencing pain, and I can't take any other pain relievers that I know of safely with the naproxen to boost it. It's possible you can acetaminophen, as it's not an NSAID (and it's in the pain meds), but I don't know about it enough to risk it. So I'll just carry on as I have. It does take much of the pain away, to the point where I can (mostly) function. I will admit that between the back and stomach yesterday, although I was at work, I was not my most productive. I got the essential things done, but not much else. It was hard to focus. I'm hoping PT will improve things so that I'll be a bit more lively and engaged. It was all I could do to keep conversations going yesterday. :) I hope to do better today.

PS Thank you YKWIA for the fennel seeds. They really helped my stomach last night.

No comments: