Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So I've got the windows open

and I'm running the dishwasher and cooking some fish. YKWIA would probably be appalled, but it's like fish with training wheels for people who don't really cook. It comes in a bag, fresh, with real butter, lemon, and spices already in. You poke holes in the bag and then bake the fish for a certain amount of time (varying by weight) at 380 degrees. I had some tilapia this weekend some lady was fixing as samples (you know how they set up in the grocery). Usually that area has meat samples, which of course I pass on, but I do like tilapia. It was very good. This is cod. I also got some tilapia for tomorrow. It's fresh fish so you have to cook it within a day or so. But I'm hoping it will be yummy.

PS Oh, my goodness, that fish was excellent. Absolutely wonderful, and so easy. I cooked it in the bag for 28 minutes and then just opened it up and ate every bit of it. I will have to get this more often. It only cost $6.50 for just under a pound of cod; I think the tilapia was $5.15 a pound. And yes, I ate every bit, even though that was a large portion, with just a little sourdough bread to complete the meal. The lady who was doing the samples the other day said the weight is the fish only, so essentially the seasoning is free. Mmmmm.

No comments: