Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 01, 2013

Happy, happy, joy, joy

It was nice being off today. I learned how to use child locks in my car and ate lunch at O'Charley's with Brandon and kids to celebrate our birthdays jointly (his was yesterday; mine is tomorrow, so we met in the middle). I generally seem more comfortable with children [or at least that was his observation]. Later I took another friend to an appointment and picked up his husband from work, trapped that friend in the back seat due to the child locks (hee hee). That was quite fun. Today I also got a package from Amazon with a fan for work, a pocket watch, and a DVD collection of 'Waiting for God', which I then watched some with YKWIA, and then helped him do some things and looked up some stuff online for him, and finally got home about 10ish. It's been a fairly relaxing, enjoyable day, spent with friends. I'm already getting birthday wishes from Facebook as well. :)

Tomorrow I'm taking someone to a doctor's appointment with our family doctor, who runs terribly behind and so that will take most of the day, which is a bit unfortunate, but really it is necessary, and I'll need to pay my rent and do some errands. I really need to do laundry, as well, but I am determined to do something fun on my birthday, and after all, I took it off from work to enjoy some time away from the grind. So we'll see. Anyway, I think I'm going to try the fan out and see how it works. I'll have to unplug the camera from the USB to attach it as I've been fiddling with photos--Brandon took this picture of me whilst we were at the restaurant:



Told you I wag getting huge. On the other hand, I didn't look too bad today. I may need to think about getting a hair cut again, though--I look a bit ragged and shaggy. Oh, well, I've certainly looked worse. And I suppose it's not too bad for someone who will turn 46 in about 9 hours. :)

No comments: