Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, Blogger is back!

After over a day of not being able to make posts, that's great. And the ones that were rolled back came back, so I didn't have to get into my backups. The only quirk was that those posts lost their tags, and when I republished them, some tried to publish at the current time rather than their original one. But I can live with that. I know that a lot of people were upset (and yes, I was vexed), but I'm sure that the Google folks did what they could as quickly as they could. I'm not sure how many blogs use Blogger, but well, it's at the least in the hundreds of thousands and probably more. And it's provided for free. So I don't really feel that I can truly complain and say, 'I'll storm off to XXX'. I like Blogger. I've been with them almost 10 years, and this is the worst outage I've ever dealt with. I'm just glad it's over.

So I'll post a few things tonight that I would have yesterday, but I have to finish a couple of projects, too, including the book review that's due Sunday, as I'll have precious little time tomorrow or Sunday to work on it. And of course, there are the game notes.

I did get a boost on the book review. You know I mentioned the book about clear scientific writing? I got it today! Thanks to the lady who sent it to me through PaperBackSwap.com. I really appreciate it.

No comments: