Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Is it Friday yet???

It's been another long day, of a long week, and I keep thinking it's Friday, but it's not. I also keep forgetting that Monday is a holiday. I got an e-mail earlier telling me that numbers for the clinic (which predicts roughly how many data entry sheets I get from them) and saw Monday was 0 and said to myself, oh, crap, there's no reason for me to be at work for that! Then I realised, oh, yeah, there was a reason our clinic wasn't open. :| Really. I did take my 'smart medicine' today.

I got a ride home which was good because right after that the heavens opened up for a brief downpour. I started looking at the news and went to blog, and lo, Blogger would not let me in. Apparently they've had trouble with the login screen just refreshing rather than letting you in. They rolled out a fix, but the key for me (after looking at Blogger's forums and reading this) was to clear my cache AND cookies (cache alone didn't do it). Now I'm up and running again.

I have realised of late that I have strange friends. Yes, I've known them for years, and in my heart, I realised this, but lately things seem weirder, although I love them dearly. For example, I promised one that I would let him choose the ringtone for his number. He chose a bloodcurdling tortured scream. I turned the phone to silent today whilst in the bank because I expected a call from said number and didn't want to startle a teller into pushing a panic button. Later, the phone rang, and although it wasn't silent, it was turned down low. Upon learning this, my friend decided to whisper through our call. He thinks I shouldn't worry about people on the bus, my co-workers, or others in the hospital and how they might react to a sudden scream. He's probably right. You shouldn't spend your life worrying about what others think. It's at the normal volume now. But I see trouble ahead.

I think I'll get away from the computer for awhile. Take care.

No comments: