Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I had some good news over the weekend

Remember when I wrote that someone I loved didn't recognise me (or anyone else)? It turns out she was confused because of an increase in medication dosage, and once this was resolved, she was back to normal. So I got to talk with her on the phone Sunday and she was her old self again. It was so wonderful to actually talk with her, and have her recognise my voice.

Sorry I haven't posted. Sunday was very long with the house cleaning over at the game master's and the game itself. I got home a little after 10, after getting up about 5:30 am. I had a fun time, but was just really tired. Last night I came home from work about 7:15 and crashed by 8, sleeping 12 hours till this morning.

Yesterday I signed my new lease. I'm off on Thursday, and they've scheduled a carpet cleaning for that morning in appreciation of me staying here. So I need to straighten things up before they come.

Tomorrow I see my doctor. My blood sugar has been up ever since he took me off the oral meds. I actually saw him Saturday at Kroger, and said hi, but was careful not to say, oh, this is how I'm doing. I'm sure he gets enough of, 'Doc, I have an ache right here.' I figure give the man some peace until I'm paying for his time. Anyway, we'll see tomorrow how that goes. I'll have to check the bus schedule to figure out when to leave work. The new schedule has so far worked pretty well, but I haven't tried transferring to another bus yet. But I'm getting home a little earlier, and that's nice. I've been waking up early enough that going in earlier hasn't been a problem.

No comments: