Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 20, 2011

Home early

Work is finished for the week, I got a ride home, and it's so nice to change into comfier clothes and look forward to a night of relaxation. I learned awhile ago that trying to do anything productive on Friday night is just about impossible for me. Plus, I'm operating on three hours' sleep. I went to bed about 2 last night, didn't get to sleep until about three, but rather I kept tossing and turning. Then I dreamt one of those OCD/anxiety-type dreams for about three hours, waking up at 6. I did manage to sleep about 45 minutes sometime after that. Anyway, I got up early, went to Kroger, got a couple of things I needed, got some quarters for laundry (enough to do everything in the house, rather than a load or two), and then went to work.

I changed purses this morning, so of course the one thing that didn't make it in was my work badge, so I feel like I've only been unofficially there all day. I'll have to have our payroll person put my time in for today. When I got home, I found the badge had fallen between the arm and cushion of the loveseat.

The greatest thing about today is that it is SUNNY and WARM. That's the first time in about a week. It's been cool and rainy. Someone said the other day that we had not had three days free of rain in a row since January 1st. I believe it.

I'm trying to decide what to do tonight. I want to blog some of the stuff I've been collecting. And I'm intrigued by the 'Supernatural' season finale double-header even though I haven't been watching this season. There's still last week's 'Doctor Who', but I can watch that tomorrow night right before the new one.

Tomorrow I have to do game notes, do laundry, and go to the liquor store to get some wine for a friend, as well as wine for my monthly libation and maybe some mead. I don't drink wine (or beer, for that matter, or really any spirits, either), but I will drink mead, a little at a time. Other than that, I'm embarrassed to say the only alcoholic beverages I can handle are girly fruity drinks like daiquiris. Hmmm...I have that little blender now.... Since a half a glass of wine has been known to make me very jovial, I'm very careful in my drinking. And one nice thing about no longer having a car is that it's okay for me to imbibe occasionally. When I had a car I never felt comfortable drinking because there might be an emergency and I won't drive if I've drunk anything at all. Okay, so I don't let down inhibitions easily. I don't like the thought of losing control and have never drunk to the point of doing so (the plus side of this is that I have never had a hangover). :)

I think for now I'm going to stretch out in the comfy chair and enjoy the sunlight coming through the window. In other words, bask like a cat. Then I'll think about dinner and whatever I do beyond that. Somewhere in that relaxing I may do some light housework. The floor still looks great. The dishes are fine, except for a few that are non-dishwasher safe. The bathroom could use a light bit of cleaning, but I'll do that tomorrow. So I may see about getting the books off the dining area table and the things on the loveseat put away. I really need to give away two CRT monitors that are cluttering up my living area. Plus, I haven't read for awhile and I have plenty of books out from the library and of course the Kindle. It would be nice to. I was reading an excellent book on bacteria (yes, really, it is entertaining) on the Kindle. It's called Allies and Enemies: How the World Depends on Bacteria. I got a deal on it, but I really would pay full price for it. I'd like to pick that up. I'm afraid I've been playing with my phone on the bus rather than reading the Kindle lately. I used to be annoyed with people who couldn't put their phone down for a minute or more, just fiddling with their phone. I didn't understand that they had better phones than I did. Most still do. But now that I can get on the web, it is kind of nice. And I discovered how to get to get to the bus schedules that are PDFs that I downloaded the other day, which is quite helpful.

Okay, I'm just rambling now. Hope you had a good week and have a good weekend. I'll try to write more tonight.

No comments: