Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 30, 2011

Yay!

For two years in game time, but I think it's been more like three in real life, given that it took about a year to go through the difficult and horrific Beyond the Mountains of Madness, Brenda and I have had characters (one for her, her favourite, and two for me, including my very first character from so many years ago) who were trapped inside Yog Suttoth, an entity that touches on all space and time. Well, our spirits were stuck there. Our bodies were living homeless in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco, the victims of Black Madness, being cared for by witches. (Long story). Anyway, we got them back last night, and there was much rejoicing (after the initial sanity loss for time lost and condition of the bodies). Brenda was so happy she would have merrily played later, but we had to wrap up about 10. I did pretty well for someone who had two hours' sleep (I tossed and turned for hours Saturday night). Now the challenge for me is that after a dearth of characters, I now have five active characters to play, although I'm soon the game master will quickly whittle that down. I feel like this is the reward for a very difficult period in the game, where we've dealt with major apocalypses and saved the world from annihilation at least four times, dealt with people going crazy from mundane things, and trying to raise a gaggle of unusual children, which frankly have been some of the most horrific moments--give me tentacles to fight. But things have been settling down and the game has been very enjoyable. Yay! The game notes will be easy this time, as very little happened, although what did was very significant. It was mostly catching characters up on what they missed. Anyway, I'm starting my week out on a high note. :)

No comments: