Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh, man

My plan yesterday was to come home, watch the Doctor Who I recorded over the weekend, and then catch up on some sleep. I came home, ate, went straight to bed (this would have been about 7 pm), and woke up this morning at 8 am. This is what happens when I build up a sleep deficit and don't get a chance to make it up Monday. As a consequence of sleeping the night away, I didn't renew some library books, either, so now I have a small amount of fines. :(

Monday and yesterday were long days. Monday I went to work, then over to a friend's to finish up Sunday housework and visit. I got home about 11. Then yesterday I started out by voting in our primary (with a very low turnout expected). The only offices on the Democrat ballot were agricultural commissioner, secretary of state, and state treasurer, you see. But I did vote, so I'm in the minority. Then I headed to an ophthalmology appointment where I had a field of vision test that I really had trouble with (I kept seeing false lights when I blinked, some sort of reflection or something) and my eye pressure measured, which was a little higher but still not enough for medicine. It's getting up there, though. They're reluctant to put me on them too early because, as Dr Kielar said, once we do, it's a long haul and I'll probably be on them for the rest of my life. So for now the diagnosis is ocular hypertension and not glaucoma.

I was a little bummed by all that. Work was long. I got a lot done. On Monday and Tuesday one of my co-workers found some books that were missing from our special collections in her office, which is great, because I've been looking for them for a year to no avail. The person who had them out had brought them back but I'd been out, so he'd left them with her, and she'd forgotten to give them to me. Also yesterday I realised I'd totally forgotten about my home phone bill, which comes out automatically from my account, and I got an e-mail yesterday that it had gone through. That's good news, but I'll probably get an overdraught fee, depending on how long it sits in pending before posting. That was just stupid--I just totally forgot about it coming up on the 17th. I get paid tonight, so it might work out.

Otherwise, I feel much better about today. I've had plenty of rest. It's still cold and rainy (we're having a blackberry winter), but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer.

Okay, I should go catch the bus. Hope you have a great day.

No comments: