Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Although I was born in Kentucky and have spent most of my life here

I spent seven or so years in Louisiana, over a third of my childhood. and a terribly long time to be stationed anywhere in the armed forces. Actually I was there twice--we moved to England AFB when I was a few days old, which was near Alexandria, and then six years at Barksdale AFB near Shreveport, where I lived from age 6 to age 12.

So I've been watching the rising of the Mississippi and the flooding that was engineered to save the bigger cities, causing havoc for those who live out in the country who are seeing the floods threaten their homes and livelihoods.

I guess in a bit of solidarity, while I was putting some of my CDs on my phone, I pulled out Carencro, by Marc Broussard, which is a sort of soul-rock album. Here's my favourite song:

No comments: