Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 12, 2009

Yay for languages

If you notice to the left of the blog are many little flags of different countries, representing the languages you can translate this blog into. You have to have the correct fonts in place on your computer (I don't have any of the Asian ones, so they come out as little boxes), but it's great fun. It uses Google's translation system. I don't know how well it works (having a smattering of German, French, and Spanish, but not being fluent, and my knowledge of Greek and Hebrew is limited to the ancient forms), but would love feedback concerning the translations' validity.

Funny, I also only caught that I'd mistyped 'Alan' for 'Allan' for Edgar Allan Poe below when it was translated into German. I guess the name stood out that time.

Thanks to NiteCruzr of the Real Blogger Status blog for the code.

No comments: