Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So I can't afford it (at least not yet), but...


I saw this the other day on a Barnes & Noble daily special, for $69.95. I so should have jumped at it, then. But no, I told myself--I'm saving for a car.

M*A*S*H: The Martinis and Medicine Collection (Complete Series, Seasons 1-11, along with the original movie and bonus material, for a total of 36 discs, and including the special feature-length finale). With my membership it would be about $144, much cheaper than at Amazon, but the $70 sounds a lot better!

M*A*S*H was THE show of my childhood. It debuted when I was five and went off the air when I was in high school. It took on all sorts of serious themes even though it was a sitcom. It was just as much about the Vietnam war as the Korean one, and as a child growing up in a military household with a father who was a Vietnam vet, it really resonated with me. It taught me about war--and about peace, and helped shaped my outlook on many things. For what you get it is definitely worth the price. I really would like to get it while it's available at some point--but not today.

No comments: