Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Well, I just spent an hour or two on planning

my advance directives, memorial request, and will. The living will is to replace one I had that had fallen apart that I did back in 2000 when my grandfather died, but is pretty much the same. I'm going to have it signed tomorrow at the game, since I'll have witnesses available. The will is finished but has to be witnessed and notarised. The memorial planning isn't legally binding, but it's my chance to make my wishes known. The upshot is I want to be cremated, not buried (and certainly not embalmed--I think that's ghoulish). I would like an informal memorial service but no funeral, but I don't want Christian trappings as I am not Christian. Also, I made provision for someone to make a last entry on this blog in the event of my death, giving instructions for logging in.

Okay, I'm kind of wiped. I think I'll take a short nap and then work on the house for awhile before I celebrate Samhain (the Celtic new year, when the dead are acknowledged, the basis of Halloween).

No comments: