Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Eureka!

As I reported a few posts ago, a friend using Comodo kept detecting a Trojan virus on this blog whenever he entered or exited the page.  It apparently had to do with the Javascript version of the 'http://whos.amung.us/' widget that tells how many people are on this page at once.  My thanks to a thread on Comodo's forums where someone else had the same problem and traced it to that script.  Only Comodo apparently detects it.  Now, I use Comodo myself, but rarely use IE8 (I use both Firefox and Chrome more often, since I have trouble watching videos on YouTube with Internet Explorer, although I did try it in IE8.)  I have pasted the non-Javascript version in and that should resolve the matter.  If any of you detect any related problems, please tell me and I will remove it entirely.  Thanks YKWIA for helping me by providing the full name of the script being called and the virus name.  It did help.

No comments: