Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A rare Saturday off

I took today off from the store because tonight is a religious holiday. It's the first time I've been off on a Saturday since March or April. My plans are to:
  1. I need to pick up some medicine. I can take the bus to Walgreens, eat at Fazoli's (they have a decent tortellini with artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes, and it's not as messy), and then catch the Woodhill bus so that I can...
  2. pick up a couple of small things at Office Depot.
  3. I think I may get my hair cut, since it's getting longer. There's a salon near the office supply store.
  4. Then I need to get what I need for tonight's sacrifice/libation. That includes burgundy wine and honey. I already have a pomegranate.
  5. Pick up candy just in case any children come by tonight, since I'll be home for the first time in something like 20 years. If all else fails I can take it to the game tomorrow, although we've been doing healthy snacking of late--but A would enjoy it.
  6. Then it's back home to do some laundry and straighten up the house. I may have someone coming over this evening.
Well, if I'm going to do all this, I need to get started--the bus comes in an hour. Wish me luck. It looks very gloomy outside (there's a 70% chance of rain, which I hope will hold off, especially for trick-or-treating). Oh, and for your pleasure and to get me going for the day...

No comments: