Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I reactivated my savings account today

With $150 put towards the car. I might be able to put away as much as $350 next week, bringing it up to $500, which would be a quarter of the way to how much I want to save. I may have to call the bank tomorrow, though, because although it's showing the savings account online and the amount as pending, a corresponding amount is not showing as being deducted from my checking account. Since I wrote the withdrawal on a slip where she looked up my account based on my Social Security number rather than an actual cheque, I'm wondering if she put the wrong account down and I got someone else's money instead, because the combined total for the two accounts is $150 more than there should be. It might just be how it displays and tomorrow everything will be in its place. If not, however, I want to make sure there was no mistake.

Anyway, go me, I'm finally on the road to saving, and I have reminded myself, as others have, that I can't drive a Kindle around town. :)

No comments: