Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Let's do the time warp again

Okay, if you live in the US then you probably know that we 'fall back' tonight from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. The thing is, all sorts of electronic gizmos are now set to automatically change, but Congress has been mucking about the last few years with the dates, and so sometimes you get unexpected results.

Take my new alarm clock. It suddenly, without warning, set itself back last weekend. It's been an hour behind all week--until this morning, when it's with the rest of the clocks (well, except the radio-controlled clock I got for my tenth anniversary at the hospital; it is supposed to automatically go forward for Daylight Savings, but doesn't, so it's always an hour behind during those months. I just deal.) What gives? I think I have the option of turning DST off on the clock, and I think that's what I'm going to have to do, so no more 'updates' happen unexpectedly. I don't want to be late for work because of a machine.

Anyway, don't forget to set your time back. And if you're not working, enjoy an extra hour of sleep tonight.

No comments: