Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 30, 2009

Despite getting up at my normal time

I've missed my bus, so I thought I'd make a brief entry here. Today is dress-up day at the hospital as we celebrate Halloween. The kids trick-or-treat from office to office. I hate to say it, but creativity abandoned me even more than last year, when I wore my other work shirt, put on grey makeup and covered myself with fake spiderwebs, and went as an undead gas station attendant. For the first time in 12 years at the hospital, I'm not dressing up. I don't even have Halloween themed shirts, which is peculiar in a sense because it's my favourite holiday. I'm in jeans and my Starkweather-Moore T-shirt. That's it. Nothing scary. The only thing I have that is remotely Halloween-like on me is my jewelry. My earrings are glass balls surrounded by snakes (I wear those year-round, often) and I have a silver spiderweb with spider around my neck. With the new uniform rules, I can't wear jeans at the gas station so I have to take another outfit with me. I am not missing a rare jeans day at the hospital.

I will be missing the talent show, though. It's at 2:30, when I have to leave for work at the gas station. They're recording it though, so hopefully I'll get to see that. Anyway, I'm a little frustrated this morning between the bus and my lack of ideas.

Hope you have a good day.

No comments: