Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A fairly uneventful day

Things went well at work tonight. My feet/ankles hurt (don't they always these days) from the tendonitis and standing so long. I go Monday to the podiatrist to see what can be done about them. I did remember both yesterday and today to take some ibuprofen, so it was a little better than normal, at least.

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, although I have to go in very early to help get the house in order. But it's my own fault. :(

Monday is the doctor's appointment. I'm off at both jobs. I'm also going to try to go to Gall's and get pepper spray and junk the car officially downtown. I also need to get a new bus pass. Monday is also 'Heroes' night. I haven't watched the last episode yet (it's on my DVR), so maybe I can do that tomorrow night if I don't just crash.

Tuesday and Wednesday I work both jobs. On Wednesday, a contractor is coming to work on my bathtub faucet. It has chronically run hot water. They fix it with a new washer, it gets better, but eventually it starts again. So they're going to rip it out entirely, change the faucet out, and re-tile the area, meaning I have to wait until the next day to take a shower. But I'll be happy to see it fixed. I don't pay for my water, but since it's hot water it is probably affecting my electric bill. Plus, it's wasteful and environmentally bad.

I've put in a request at the store to be off for Halloween since it is a religious holiday. We'll see if they can manage it. One of my co-workers just moved to Florida. Another is moving to Michigan in two weeks, so we may be short-staffed. But a guy is starting on Monday, so maybe that will help.

Okay, I need to go work on notes still for the game (I procrastinated again, of course). :( Good night.

No comments: