Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Books from the library

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith


(Well, the first is still at the library, but on hold.  I'll pick it up tomorrow.  I'm whizzing through Swendson's novel right now and enjoying every minute of it.  Sometimes it's nice to have a light read.)


As to the third book, which I have not yet started, I must make a confession that is painful for a librarian.  I have never read Jane Austen's books. Any of them. I did not take English in college; in lieu I was part of an Honours Programme that was devoted to the Great Books curriculum, but Austen did not come up in my classes, and for some reason I just have never gotten around to reading her works.  So I'm not sure I'll really get the true experience that someone who has will in reading the novel. I have also never read the works of the Brontë sisters. Bad librarian. I must rectify this. I do actually own works by them--at least Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights, for sure.

No comments: