Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Whew!

I got a lot accomplished in four hours, always got the bus within five minutes, and never had to go downtown to the transit centre. I got the meds, gave a Mississipi State fan directions to the stadium for the game with Kentucky today, ate (apparently you can do a combo with the tortellini, a salad, and drink, so since that's what I had planned on getting, it was nice to get it cheaper). I got the office supplies I needed. While I was waiting at the stop to get back a 27-year-old guy really hit on me. I don't know if he's just oversexed or really likes older women like he claimed, but it was a bit flattering, although I did turn him down. I caught the bus back to Richmond Road, then caught the Richmond Road bus over to Gabriel Brothers for more underwear (my size is listed by Lane Bryant's web page as 'hard to find'. I decided to get more; I mean, really, can you have too much underwear? I also got a sleep shirt and a couple of sweaters. Then I walked to Liquor Barn for the wine. I walked over to the gas station from there because I really, really, really needed to use the restroom. They were busy and I was happy not to be working. Then I went to Kroger for a couple of things. I had thought they'd had some Henry Clay High School shirts; I planned on getting one for A since it's his alma mater and he follows their football programme. But I couldn't find one. I may have to get him a gift card for somewhere. I didn't see any when I was out that really grabbed me. Office Depot had evil gift card holders where you had to solve a maze first to get the card. I thought of doing that to A, but that would just be cruel. Of course, it would also be fun.:)

Anyway, I caught the bus at Kroger and came on home. I didn't get my hair cut, and I forgot to get change for laundry, and I'm not going back out at this point. I'll have to do laundry on Monday. But at least I've got plenty of underwear and some clean clothes left. :)

No comments: