Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mind numbing

I seem to remember when Carmen (my boss at the television station) gave me this assignment, it was with the caveat of it's tedious. Well I have to agree. Basically I'm taking past videotaped classes and outlining them so changes can be made piecemeal rather than all at once.

I've made it through several episodes now with the help of an old laptop so that I can watch, time, and type at the same time. It isn't much (366 mghz Inspiron, an old Dell, without enough hard drive space to even put on Windows XP, so it's still running ME), but it gets the job done. Same goes for my other project, transcribing and updating the game notes, assuming I 1) ever make time to do it and 2) manage to really work on it rather than wasting so much time (I had a year...now I have 4 1/2 months). I am getting better about navigating the buttons and touchpad on the laptop, though, so that's something.

I think about four hours a session on the videotapes is my limit. Each episode takes about two hours (they run about 30-40 minutes). Whew. But at least I can say I'm working all three jobs again.

No comments: