Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A brand new day

I was up early after having so much trouble sleeping. I went out to the recliner for awhile but kept waking up when I'd stop breathing (sounds worse than it feels, really, you just wake up gasping for breath). Next time I need to take the CPAP machine out to the living room with me.

So what am I doing with all this time? I took a nice bath, packed my lunch so I won't be at the mercy of the cafeteria (basmati rice I cooked yesterday and thankfully heard sizzling before I managed to burn it, since I was blogging instead of watching the boiling pot of rice, potato and chickpea curry, and some rosemary sesame crackers). I probably should go to the gym, but I'd rather get all sweaty AFTER work. It's sunny; the pets have been fed, Cerys has gone out, they're esconced in their daytime home, and I'm thinking of going into work a little early to make sure I get some interlibrary loan articles in the mail early enough. I also sent an e-mail to the folks at the television station to let them know I am working, am interested in working, and hope I still have a job with them, after pretty much taking a hiatus for the summer.

That's all so far. Hope today goes well for you and me both.

No comments: