Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

What I love about my animals

listening to: 'Hero' by Enrique Inglesias
feeling: Mellow, Content

No matter how much Cerys loves her bed (my bed), she's at my feet. There may not be a comfy couch, but the carpet is fairly comfy. [She refuses, though, to spread out on linoleum, being somewhat dainty.]

Spock &Darius are curled up together behind me on a flattened cardboard box on an end table.

I'm going to go to bed...and they'll all come in and cuddle. It makes it hard to come home and actually unpack, when the sun is shining, the bed is inviting, and I have animals that like just cuddle up near me (as opposed to the feral and/or hyper types). Sometimes Spock will actually call me to bed, or Cerys will come up give me the sad-dog eyes that say, 'Come on, Mom'.

Okay, maybe it's just really late, I haven't lived with a human in far too long, and I'm getting sappy, but what can I say? I love listening to my animals snore or the little noises they make while they twitch to dreams. It's very relaxing, and makes me feel content.

It also makes up for the occasional hack-up. :)


No comments: