Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 07, 2004

Excitement

I have a secret. Well, all of us here at work have a secret that we can't disclose for a couple of days, but it's caused quite a stir and a some major hoo-rah on the part of some on my co-workers. I'll let the cat out of the bag tomorrow evening.

It's also employee appreciation week, produced by a committee of which I'm a part, so it's a time to put aside any feelings I may have post-layoff and try to plan fun things for the place. We're doing a 70s theme. I put up the bulletin board last Friday. Today we received our gift, which is a very nice gym bag with lots of pockets. I think the week will be fun. Friday is a costume day. I haven't decided yet what I'll do for that.

One of the volunteers just brought me one of those Hamilton book catalogues. It was a sweet thought, and I love to look at them, even when I can't afford anything. Still, they're very affordable, and they give me ideas for my wish list. :)

Well, time to get back to work. I'm trying to excavate the clutter that is my desk.

No comments: