Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The Toenail of Icklibõgg?

Rowling squashes ugly Icklibõgg rumours

Actually, it would make a lovely title, just not for a Harry Potter book...although, I could see it...really, giants will probably figure more into the story soon. Actually, I have no idea if that's supposed to be a giant's name--it just sounds like it. Nothing shows up to indicate what/who Icklibõgg is supposed to be when I Google it, so maybe the rumours themselves weren't archived online.

Instead, book six will apparently be Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Hmmm...still, JK Rowling tends to write quite tongue-in-cheek on her website, so I'll settle with seeing the book title when it comes out, which will (hopefully) be soon. Not that I'm impatient or anything. :) Oh, and I'd love to see Ralph Fiennes play Voldemort, although I do have a secret passion for that actor, so that could make it difficult for me. Still, he was quite believable as a sadistic Nazi, being a top-notch actor, so I'm sure he'd do fine as He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

For more, check out: E! Online News' writeup.

The HP fandom community is such, though, that I could see how throwing out rumours could send them into titillation with every new bit, much like the guys throwing out 'unclean numbers' at Pythagoras and his followers in Epicurus the Sage to the point of causing meltdowns. :) (Oh, gee, I love that comic, must re-read at some point. If you have any background in Classics, it's up there with the 'Romans Go Home' skit from Monty Python's Life of Brian in sheer fun.)

No comments: