Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 28, 2004

Happy Monday

1. Bed & Breakfast or hotel? If possible, B&B.
2. What determines where you stay?(i.e. price, accommodations, transportation, travel package) These days, price. I wish I could just go for ambience.
3. When determining where to stay, do you ever consider the establishment's history? (i.e. it might be haunted, location of high profile crime) Oh, of course. I mean, that's part of the draw, after all. :)
4. Would such considerations sway your decision? Well, haunted or some historical aspect would probably increase my chances of staying there. I probably wouldn't want to stay in the room where there was a mass murder, though. (I'm morbid. I'm not that morbid.)
5. Do you try and read the local paper for where you're visiting, to get an idea of what the area's like? Yes. I'm also partial to phone books. You can tell a lot about a place by those two things. It's also amazing how things we take for granted can seem so foreign somewhere else.


No comments: