Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

On the thirteenth day after Christmas, everybody gave a sigh of relief.

As much as I like the holidays, I'm glad they're over. Well, okay, if you're Orthodox, Happy Christmas. And for those who celebrate La Posada. But for me, they're over. Sorry I dropped the ball on keeping up the twelve days of Christmas song going, buy hey, I've always thought it was a little insipid, and my version was even more so.

I've wrestled the library Christmas tree back into it's box (not, as one friend misheard, a Christmas tree named Russell), packed away the ornaments and the skeleton's Santa hat with hanging dreidl, taken down the door decoration (giving the menorah to one of my Jewish co-workers) and generally worked off the Krispy Kreme doughnut I had for breakfast (they've opened a store down the road!) I'm also dealing with copier issues, and I think I've finally excavated my desk to pre-vacation point. Oh, that on top of being woken up this morning with frenetic ahas of a NASA conspiracy regarding Mars. What can I say, it's a typical day.

Ah, isn't it nice to be back at work?

No comments: