Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 30, 2004

Happy Snowy Friday!

It started snowing about 4 hours ago and we already have a couple inches on the ground. I've been out driving already and it's pretty slick, with temps already down to 20 degrees and falling, so I'm not sure how the salt will do in terms of making things better tomorrow morning.

So...what's the perfect thing to do on a snowy evening (at least when the snow isn't really packing yet for snowballs?) The Friday Five!

This is a favourite game of mine...

You have just won one million dollars: [Before or after taxes??? Hate to say it, but it does make a difference...I usually go for the if I won $10 million (before taxes) so that I can take care of my family (and people like family), get some security, become a philanthropist, etc.]

1. Who do you call first? D

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself? Debt-free living (pay off school loans and the little I have besides that)

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else? Pay off my mom's home

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? Momma/John and my two closest friends and their significant others...I'd like to make sure they were in a secure position with few bills. I'd also like to establish a couple of scholarships, support environmental and literacy charities, HIV/AIDS programmes, the arts, animal welfare, intellectual freedom, heritage preservation, etc. For that matter, I'd adopt children with special needs or who are difficult to place.

5. Do you invest any? If so, how? I'd like to invest most of it in...

  • Real estate (a home for me and a little land in rural Kentucky with a cave and spring for religious celebrations)
  • Clearing my debt (mostly school loans)
  • Invest in a balanced portfolio to give an annual income (which may be difficult to do on just a million, after all that!) :)
  • Kids--any I might have and those who otherwise would not thrive...children are our future.

No comments: