Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 03, 2015

Up working on the house early

I've been straightening up the dining and living areas. I've about done what I can in just 45 minutes. I should start getting ready soon, but it looks much better. I'm afraid it was a bit of a wreck. I've already eaten breakfast and taken my medicine, something I don't usually do until I'm checking my e-mail first thing in the morning at work. I've already walked over a thousand steps, and it isn't even 7:30. I've had all this energy (although I did have trouble falling to sleep last night), which when you're bipolar is a worrisome thing, as it could mean you're going into a manic or hypomanic episode, but really, I think I'm okay--I just got a lot of exercise yesterday and as a result have some energy for a change. My appetite is suppressed, as well. Yesterday I had the two egg and cheese biscuits, the spinach and mushroom étouffée at Gumbo Ya Ya, a couple of string cheese sticks, a tiny bit of ice cream (hey, it was my birthday), and a fake sausage and egg biscuit. This morning I had another fake sausage and egg biscuit; usually I have two, but I didn't want any more.

We've continued to have thunderstorms all night; apparently there's quite a bit of flooding in the area, as the ground was very dry and the rain came down so fast. Not so good for the opening day at Keeneland. I took a 30 second video of the rain and thunderstorm yesterday, our first real day of thunder. I posted it on Facebook; I'll see if I can get it on YouTube and post it here, just for fun.

Today I need to catch up at work from yesterday, but it was a low census day, so I don't think it'll be too bad. I'm hoping to leave a little early (the place will be deserted early for Good Friday, I expect). One of my co-workers is making me a cake so we can all have some for lunch. Then I have to remember it's Friday so I take a friend to an appointment this evening. 'Grimm' is tonight, but we haven't seen the last one, and I'm not sure we'll be able to before the new one with his appointment, so we may need to record it and put it off till tomorrow.

Okay, I should start getting ready for work. It's barely light outside due to the clouds and storm. Hope you have a very good day, and a lovely weekend. If you celebrate Easter (I don't, but I can wish others well), I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: