Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Finally, sun!

After a rainy day of going to the vet and to the grocery store, I am home and have put the geraniums back out on the window ledge, where they are soaking up the newly-arrived sunshine. Earlier today, while over at my friends' house, I watched a somewhat contentious episode of 'The Vicar of Dibley', which tried to bring attention to poverty, as well as dealing with Geraldine's 40th birthday, and followed up with 'The Bishop of Dibley', a one-off for charity on Red Nose Day, which put Jim's tendency to stutter out 'no' to good (or rather, bad) use. I mention the poverty episode as being contentious, as apparently some found it either too liberal, some heavy-handed, perhaps violating impartiality rules at the BBC, or just plain annoying. I really do like the show, although the entire village are insane, save perhaps David Horton, and Geraldine herself, but even she has her moments, and they all belong in an episode of 'Midsomer Murders', I think. They would give the police aneurysms.

The plan is to watch 'Salem' today, but when we got back from the grocery, YKWIA was napping and I realised I did not have my medicine, so I just came on home and will go back over later if and when they call me. In the meantime, I think I may have a nap myself, and then maybe work on the living room.

No comments: