Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Having just come in drenched from a thunderstorm, this made me incredibly happy

My very own Google Doodle, presumably because I'm signed in to my Google account on Chrome. :)



I went this morning and got some $1 bills for the bus, got some gas, stopped by McDonald's for a couple of egg and cheese biscuits, and then dropped my car off at Mitch's Auto on Industry Road. There were several cars they had for that day, so it will be awhile before they can get to mine. I walked over to Eastland Shopping Centre and the bus came just as I was coming up to the stop. The bus driver was one I knew and we talked for awhile. Then I got down to the transit centre and transferred to my route's bus, and it started raining just as we pulled out, then thundering and lightning. By the time I got to my stop, a very cold rain (what happened to getting into the 70s today?) was coming down. My little umbrella that fit into my bag tried valiantly to keep the rain off, but my feet got drenched and my blouse and pants were pretty damp by the time I got into my apartment. The wind was such that even with being careful, the umbrella went inside out once, but recovered. Now my shoes and socks are off, and I'm going to take a bit of a break before starting on the house, as I've already walked almost three miles today, and anyway, some of what I was going to do (the re-potting and taking the trash and recyclables out) involve the great outdoors, which isn't so great at the moment.

No comments: