Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Home tonight

I took my books in this morning on the way to work, had a very productive day at work, then went to a doctor's appointment and he was happy to see that the increase in medicine dosage had helped. I see him again in six weeks. Right as I went to leave a friend called and asked for a ride home from work, so I stopped by there and got him. It took me ten minutes just to get out of the Beaumont area, another few minutes to go through the double crossover, and then finally I got to him, took him home, and then had to take an alternative route home because of major backups, a way I don't use often and I got a little lost, but it was still probably quicker than in would have been if I'd sat in traffic. Now I'm home, with the evening news on, and it's kind of nice to have a free Wednesday for now. If my application is accepted and I go through the training, I may be helping teach the same class I took this the last three months or more during the summer. (At least we won't have to worry about snow days). There are eleven sessions, once a week. I'm excited by the possibility. It's a volunteer position, but that's fine. I think it's a very helpful class and I think it can be a godsend for the students who take it.

I've also recently applied for a job at a neighbouring county's public library. Wish me luck! The application window closed Friday, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Wow. I just saw a video on the news of a man calmly describing the F-4 tornado that was bearing down on him while he was out driving. He was totally unflappable. He wasn't a storm chaser, I don't think, just someone out driving, and I must admit he was much calmer than I would have been, I'm sure.

Okay, I think it's time to get away from the computer for a bit. I may write later, but it not, have a good night.

No comments: