Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Postscript

I hope that last post didn't sound too whiny. I'm not asking for money or lamenting on my lack of it, just stating my situation and the feelings I have about it. I know things will eventually get better, if I just wait it out. Life has taught me that. And I could be in a lot dire straits. I have a former co-worker who is two weeks younger than me who just found out the other day that she has stage 4 cancer and it is in her colon, lymph nodes, liver, and neck, if I remember the details right. She's devastated. She hasn't worked for a month and a half and has a $900 copay for chemotherapy she's trying to raise through GoFundMe. That was before this latest news, so I don't know if they're still doing the chemo, but really, if you have some extra cash, if anyone needs help, this wonderful lady does. She's the hardest worker I've ever met, and I'm so sorry she's having to go through this. She had cervical cancer years ago, and now she has a very uphill battle to face. Things like this really put things into perspective. So no, my problems will eventually sort out. I wish I could help her, in fact. I'm tempted to call up the former friend and ask him to contribute in my name. :) He worked with her, too, after all.

No comments: