Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm not alway in the loop in terms of viral videos

YouTube has issued it's Top 10 Videos of 2010. My favourite (which I of all things had not seen until today) are:



because it has a giant Rube Goldberg machine (I love those--I've been in love with them since I first saw one on Sesame Street) that was done all in one take. (Well, they obviously had to do it several times, but I mean they didn't splice takes together for the effect.) A Rube Goldberg machine is an overly complicated process that does a simple task. I tend to overthink things. Maybe that's why I like them.

I also like the Old Spice guy. I'd at least heard of him. But the commercials were entertaining and fun. I particularly like this one (much better than those stupid Axe commercials):

No comments: