Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Charge the cell phone and Kindle, now, for ice is on its way!

We are forecast for 2 to 6 inches of snow before it turns to sleet and freezing rain, meaning up to a half inch of ice on top of snow. Joy. Fortunately, someone happened to take off Thursday and Friday due to a lecture series that means no surgery and little clinic activity in the hospital. Since I wasn't going to get much data to enter, I took off. Yay! And our department holiday dinner was postponed due to the weather. So I don't plan on getting out on ice tomorrow if I can help it. I can do holiday shopping and even laundry Friday. Tomorrow is a watch movies and back Tower Prep episodes if there's electricity, and if not, I'll read the Kindle and if all else fails, a library or other book, for I have plenty of those at hand. I actually seem to have (I don't have hard numbers, but I'm willing to go out on a limb) more books than my library does. (It's a small library, what can I say.)

Anyway, if you're caught in the weather, please be careful.

No comments: