Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I dreamt

that the Greek Gods were involved in a giant game of pinball. Oddly enough, the musical theme was not The Who's 'Pinball Wizard', but rather Elton John's 'Crocodile Rock'. I slept fitfully at best and woke up feeling rather blasphemous. Too much pizza, I suppose.

At four in the morning I woke up to go to the bathroom and it seemed light outside, which didn't mesh with my knowledge of basic astronomy. I looked out. It had snowed. It's maybe an inch at best, but there's yet another canopy of white. I want to see flowers bloom. I want it to be warm. I am so tired of winter, although I realise it has its place.

I guess things will start to really get into spring mode now that March is almost here. But I remember the Spring Break blizzard of 1993, so I'm not holding my breath until winter ends. :)

Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments: