Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts and prayers

For my district manager's son and family. His son was injured in a horrible crash this morning on New Circle Road, where he struck an embankment and a tree after losing control whilst passing another car. He's only 21 years old, and the paper describes him as having 'life-threatening injuries'. He apparently wasn't wearing a seat belt, so I imagine his injuries are pretty severe. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks to Teressa for telling me about it.

UPDATE 2/20: I just checked the news. The young man died from his injuries. One of the people who knew him commented on the Herald-Leader site, saying he always wore his seat belt, and was not thrown from the car (they had to cut him out), so I'm not sure what really happened. The link above is to his MySpace page. Here is his obituary. I am so sorry to hear this. His family continues to be in my prayers during this difficult time.

No comments: