Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 26, 2010

Amazing that

1) I got my shoes today, less than 48 hours after I placed the order. Go, New Balance!

2) My feet feel...like they used to after a long day, a little achy at worst. My ankles are fine. Even on grass my feet didn't roll over at all but stayed steady. And for once I actually have shoes small enough for me. (I didn't realise it until I saw these next to the ones I was wearing. I have small feet (6 1/2) but they're very wide (double width). I had to actually trim the orthotics at the end to fit them in, but that's okay, you can tell my toes never touched that part. (Still, it's somewhat daunting to put scissors to something that cost as much as these.) All in all, I spent about $500 between the orthotics ($380) and the shoes ($120). But my feet feel SO much better. I'm usually hobbling by about 2 pm. By 10 pm it's excruciating. Tonight I still had some bounce in my step. I can only hope this will continue to get better, but even if it stayed like this, it would be a hundred times better than it had been.

The shoelaces are a little short, but if all else fails I have an extra set that came with my boots that are longer. Anyway, I'm glad I went ahead and got them. They're made for walking. Maybe if I can get the plantar fasciitis and tendonitis licked, I can start walking more, especially when the weather gets better. :)

No comments: