Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Oh. Brain. So. Hurts

It's a one, two, three punch, in one hour:
  1. Witch Hunter Robin concluded yesterday and [adult swim] started the series over, with a terrible, brain-hurting twist: they drew in moustaches, beards, scars, (and in the case of the balding boss, smiley faces) throughout. Since I missed the first three episodes, I wanted to see how it began and actually had considered taping it. It was actually quite funny how they did it, but it really hurt my brain.
  2. So, brain slightly bruised, I went out in my car. As I came to the intersection of Euclid and Rose, the turn arrow was yellow, and although I would normally have just stopped, I knew I'd wait through a light where they alternate giving you the arrow and then not...so I went on through, and it changed to red whilst I was in the intersection. As I followed through I realised there was a UK cop car there at the intersection, and I saw him turn around in my rear-view mirror. Busted. Sigh. So, now I have a lovely citation to pay for running a red light. Note to self: Do not run through the light, especially at 12:30 on the last night of the month, right in front of the police. Still, it's the only time I've ever been pulled over for anything...I suppose that's pretty good for eighteen years of driving. And I behaved myself...I didn't get defensive, or aggravate the police officer, who after all was just doing his job. I just had my licence and papers ready and sat quietly, then apologised and went on my way once released. Go, therapy.
  3. You know how brothers tend to do things like hide in the shadows and spring out at you like Bruce Lee did to the Green Hornet? Let's just say that this happened. Needless to say, I screamed and that was the straw that broke my brain and I sort of gibbered for a few minutes. But in retrospect, it was probably good, since I had a lot of tension and I let it go all at once. I'm just glad I didn't pee my pants, although I did really need a hug after that.

Oh, Well. Happy April Fool's Day. :)

No comments: