Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 30, 2004

Happy Friday, Happy Bealtaine

It's supposed to storm today, but that's okay, because it's Friday. Unfortunately, the Friday Five is still on hiatus, but still, yay!

I woke up to a cat draped over my chest (Spock), purring, one (Darius) draped over my dog (Cerys) because, well, he's terribly devoted to her and must. be. in. contact. at. all. times. I'm not sure how Cerys feels about that, to have this maniacal orange cat of devotion attached to her. He watches her when she goes out. He snuggles next to her whenever she isn't moving. His brother was the same way with his dog, a friend's, and when she'd had to be put down :( the cat waited by window for weeks waiting for her to come home.

The alarm went off and cats went flying (they know the lumbering giant they know as mom is going to get up to turn the infernal noise off) and then I went over to snuggle with Cerys, who'd been sleeping with her butt up by my head. Unfortunately she chose that moment to do one of those shake-your-head-and-flap-your-ears-back-and-forth right in time to slap me in my eye. Ah, my life. :)

I'm looking forward to two things tonight; one, it's game night--I'll be spending time with friends playing board games. Two, it's Bealtaine eve, an important religious holiday which unfortunately I can't really celebrate to great effect (being the fertility/sex one, and not having a partner), but there are other aspects of the holiday, too, although I learnt a long time ago that jumping bonfires was not something to do if you're clumsy and not likely to be procreating--there was one year I injured my foot and it gave me problems all the way to Samhain (November).

Last night's dreams were mostly spy thrillers. I think my brain is making up for the lack of TV. When I was a kid my favourite episode of M*A*S*H was being shown but we were in limbo during a move and didn't have our TV yet, and that night I reproduced the entire episode faithfully from beginning notes to credits, which means somewhere, lost in my brain, is a memory, right? :)

No comments: