Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 24, 2004

You know you're tired when

you don't even have the strength to blog. Or play video games. I'm just now getting back to feeling like a real, live person again.

I worked most of the day at a gait conference yesterday, helping to set up for the banquet and then working through the first part of that...so I worked from 10 am to about 7:30 pm, then stayed at the party until about nine, and came home and crashed. Dwana had to turn around and work from 7 am - 1:30 pm today, bless her heart...so she's pretty wiped out. Many of my co-workers have been involved with this for the better part of a week; I'm not sure how they're holding up. I've slept most of the day after getting up from about 5:30 am - 7:00 am and I'm not feeling too great. On the one hand, I've managed to catch up on the missing sleep from this week (I've been averaging about 4-5hours a night). On the other, I was so down on my blood sugar and hungry by the time I ate last night that I overdid it, and the fried catfish especially has not been sitting well on my stomach. Still, there was great Bluegrass, country, and Gospel music and dancers who did clogging and step dancing, and it was interesting to see everything behind the scenes as a plain ballroom was transformed. I wish I could have stayed to watch the whole show, but I was just so tired. I'm really impressed with one of my co-workers, who ran the sound and who sings, dances, and directs a group of professional entertainers for these sorts of events. The staff of the hotel were superb in preparing, serving, and bussing the meal, too.

That's pretty much all I've been up to, other than being very glad that I'm not in school this year and dealing with papers like Dwana. Still...she's almost finished and then it's on to graduation. :)

No comments: