Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Someone is celebrating the warm weather

by shooting a handgun off in the direction of Richmond Road. So, I just called 911 and let them know I've heard four shots since I got in a few minutes ago. It sounds like one gun, at least, and it's not rapid fire--not a shootout, almost a steady fire, with a minute or two between each. Maybe some idiot having 'fun'?

I, meanwhile, am happily in my house and fortunately far away from the shots. It sounds like it's across Richmond, maybe to Fontaine, Lexington Mall, or even to Codell.

Contrary to the opinion of many outside the US, we're not all a bunch of gun-toting maniacs. Still, there are a few of them out there. May they stay far away from me.

At least I haven't heard any more since I called...hopefully someone decided that it wasn't the smartest thing to be shooting late at night in the city limits.

No comments: