Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Looking for some answers

So I went to the international and US MENSA websites, and they didn't really have much in terms of resources on either page. I guess you have to join to get the benefits, and that's $70 a year, which is too steep for me. I did, however, stumble upon SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted), which does have resources both free and for sale. It's geared not just for supporting gifted kids, but adults, too.

I borrowed an e-book from the library, Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants, which my therapist recommended. The other one, Carol Dweck's Mindset: the New Psychology of Success, wasn't available at the library at the moment, so I have placed a hold for it. I also placed a hold for a Gladwell's Outliers and Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD : Tips and Tools to help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized by Sarah Pinsky. Gladwell's books are mostly for curiosity's sake, Dweck's may be very important in my situation, and Pinsky's couldn't hurt. :)

No comments: