Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Home from the game

Listening to 'Hold On' by Kansas, Best of Kansas

which I got through the Lexington Public Library, which uses the Freegal application to allow you to download songs (three a week) and keep them, or stream their catalogue of music. I've been diligently working on the songs from Best of Kansas of late.

Yesterday I paid my rent and picked up a couple of books on hold at the library, and then went to a friend's house and did 17 things on a list, various errands and activities there. So I was pretty busy. I came home about 10 pm and pretty much went to bed, getting up at 5:30 am to work on the game notes, and then going back to bed about 7 am. I kept hitting snooze, and finally got out of bed by about 8:48--and still needed to shower, gather my laundry, etc., so I called to let them know I'd be late and started getting ready. I got there about 9:45. I watched some episodes of 'Wizards vs. Aliens', which is actually quite well done. Then I started on my weekly chores, where I help get the house ready for the game. After that, Brenda came over and we played. I still have a couple of things to do which I can do later, maybe tomorrow. We had a good game. I have two characters who are unfortunately bonded due to a magical ritual and they are in danger of totally merging and shattering, like two sides of a mirror. We think we know a way to save them. I hope we do. as both have children, and I am very fond of each of them.

Well, it's 11 pm. I've taken my nightly medicine, gotten comfy, etc. I suppose it's time to go to bed. But first, what I'm listening to (the last two songs):



No comments: