Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 31, 2015

15%

That's what the large dial on the notebook says right now. It's in the final stages of the installation,  but this one is much slower than the desktop.  I put the slower download to being on WiFi,  but the whole thing has been slower.   I started around 9:30 pm,  and it's 2:30 am now, whereas the other took maybe 2-3 hours altogether.

Fortunately nothing has required my response since about an hour ago, so I can sleep and check in later to make sure it all went okay. I'll give it another couple of hours.  It's kind of like when I make bread in the machine,  in that I can sleep while waiting,  although this doesn't have a set timed end. So I'll have some broken sleep tonight,  obviously.  I could just let it go and check in the morning at this point,  but I am too much of a geek to do so.  :)

I'll post an update.  In the mean time,  good night.

No comments: